Self Care During the Holidays
During this busy time
of year it’s easy to let things go - with all the extra shopping,
entertaining, activities and rushing around, we often end up putting
ourselves last during this Season of Giving.
That's why self-care becomes more
essential than ever during the holiday season.
Self Care – How do You Define It?
Self care may look different
for each person, but the basic idea is to put yourself first and invest time
and effort into your own health and well-being, by practicing daily habits that
foster health and happiness in your life.
great thing about self care is it’s all about You! You get to define what it is for you.
Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Take quiet time out for
yourself each day and let it be okay to enjoy it.
- Plan to get more
- Plan to eat healthy food,
drink more water
- At big
holiday meals or events, eat slowly and enjoy each bite. Pay attention to your level
of fullness. When you are hungry, eat. When you are full, stop.
- Exercise or go
- Take a hot
- Read something
services for yourself-massage, manicure, pedicure
- Relax with
friends or spend quality time with family
- Listen to your favorite holiday music
- Practice Yoga/stretching
- Watch your
favorite holiday movie
- Ask for help with
holiday preparations and activities
- Do what you can with family and
friends, not what you feel you must
- Have someone help clean your home
Create a Self Care Schedule
- Make a list of 20 or more self care activities you plan to do
over the holidays.
- For each activity list the amount of time it will take –make the list
varied in terms of the time required– i.e. activities you can do in a few
minutes, ½ hour, 1 hour.
- Schedule time in your planner or calendar to do one
self-care activity each day or every other day.
Have a Happy and Nurturing Holiday Season!
Thank you for visiting my website! Please leave your comments below. I'd Love to know what you think about this blog post.
Coach Estelle is the coach to call if you are ready to eliminate your limiting beliefs, get into action and Achieve Your Financial Dreams! With over 35 years as CPA working in Finance, Purchasing and
Management she has worked with individuals and companies ranging in size
from small privately owned businesses to Fortune 500 companies in
In addition, with over 15 years as a Church Leader and
Holistic Financial and Business Coach, she has worked with individuals,
churches and organizations to:
- Create financial freedom by having a plan and process that works for them and their life
• Move beyond the limiting beliefs that stop them
• Align their values, vision and mission statements with goals and action steps
• Realize their unique gifts and talents and create the future that they desire
• Create strategic plans for their business and personal lives
I'd Love to know what You think about this article!
Please Leave Your Comments Below