A New Year, A New You!
4 Steps to Powerfully Set Your Intention for the New Year
I just love the
beginning of a New Year!
I'm always filled with anticipation and energy to clarify my vision, set my intentions and put together a plan of action for what I want to achieve in my life.
Before I get started with these activities I always take
the time to acknowledge my accomplishments, achievements and celebrations from the
previous year and consciously release what I no longer want in my life, before setting my
intention for what I do want in the New Year.
Here is the 4-step Process that I use to powerfully start off the new year.
Step 1 -Preparation:
Begin by lighting a candle,
turning on soft music or any ritual that set’s the tone to go inward. When you
have reached a place of calm and centeredness begin.
Step 2 - What is….
Write out the following on a
writing tablet or paper, or in your journal regarding your life right now:
- What things are Working?
- Why are they working?
- What’s not quite right yet?
- What would make it more right?
- What are my judgments, feelings, emotions?
- What miracles happened this past year?
- What were my accomplishments this year?
- What were my losses?
- What do I fear the most?
- What are my strengths that I can take into the New Year or new period?
- What insights have I gained from this past year or period?
Step 3 - Releasing
- On a piece of flash or
tracing paper, list all the things you are now ready to release from your life.
- Read through the list and
then consciously release it by shredding it or burning it in a fire place. If
you have used an ink pen, wash the list or soak it in a bowl or sink of water
and watch the words disappear.
Step - 4 -Setting Your Intention for the New Year
Option 1 - When you have reached a place of
calm and centeredness once again, begin.
- Write on the top of a
piece of paper or in your journal “My Intention for This Year”
- Use the following questions to assist you in writing your intentions for the
- What is my hearts desire?
What does it look like, sound like, feel like?
- What qualities will I embrace - i.e. health, wholeness, peace, trust, love,
- What values will be present in my life? - i.e. integrity, honesty, trust,
authenticity, financial security, etc.
- What people will be in my life?
- What places will I visit?
- What things will I do?
- What will I accomplish?
- What will I start?
- What will I complete?
- What will have more of?
- What will I reduce or have less of?
Option 2 - When you have reached a place of
calm and centeredness again, begin.
- Write a letter to the Universe, Spirit, Life or whatever Higher Power you
choose, in gratitude for all that has been received, accomplished, completed,
started, everything that has occurred during the upcoming year or period.
- Use the questions in option 1 above to assist in writing your letter.
- Sign and date the letter one year from now.
- Put it in an envelope, seal it and keep it in a sacred place- your journal
or other sacred text.
- At Thanksgiving or at the end of the year, open and read your letter to see
what has manifested in your life.
Thank you for visiting my website! Please leave your comments below. I'd Love to know what you think about this blog post.
Coach Estelle is the coach to call if you are ready to eliminate your limiting beliefs, get into action and Achieve Your Financial Dreams! With over 35 years as CPA working in Finance, Purchasing and
Management she has worked with individuals and companies ranging in size
from small privately owned businesses to Fortune 500 companies in
In addition, with over 15 years as a Church Leader and
Holistic Financial and Business Coach, she has worked with individuals,
churches and organizations to:
- Create financial freedom by having a plan and process that works for them and their life
• Move beyond the limiting beliefs that stop them
• Align their values, vision and mission statements with goals and action steps
• Realize their unique gifts and talents and create the future that they desire
• Create strategic plans for their business and personal lives